While other real estate segments such as Apartments, Offices, and Hotels have the presence of many professional management and operation units, Industrial Park Operation Management is lacking in-depth and professional units.
Let’s explore the main differences between management and operation types and Industrial Park Operation Management according to our experience – BRD Vietnam.
1. WHAT IS INDUSTRIAL PARK OPERATION MANAGEMENT?
Industrial Park Operation Management is the management of general operations including security, safety, environment, communication, import-export issues, customs clearance, warehousing services… to always be controlled, optimized and effective.
In addition, Industrial Park Operation Management also ensures compliance with regulations and general operating regulations in the field of Industrial real estate such as understanding the handover ground to meet international technical standards to serve foreign Investors, such as procedures for completing the investment process, registering business establishment before entering the Industrial Park.
2. KEY POINTS IN INDUSTRIAL PARK OPERATION MANAGEMENT
2.1. Compliance with State Regulations
In Economic Parks and Industrial Parks, the Industrial Park Management Board needs to be responsible for environmental issues to ensure that the environment is not polluted, specifically as follows:
- Arrange a specialized department for environmental protection to organize environmental protection activities in Economic Parks and Industrial Parks according to the provisions of law. The person holding the position in charge of the specialized department for environmental protection must meet the following conditions:
– Have a university degree or higher in environmental management; science, technology, environmental engineering; chemistry, biology;
– Have at least three (03) years of experience working in the field of environment.
- Develop a coordination regulation on environmental protection in Economic Parks and Industrial Parks between the Management Board of Economic Parks and Industrial Parks with the Department of Natural Resources and Environment, People’s Committees of districts, cities, towns under provinces submitted to People’s Committees of provinces and cities directly under the Central Government (hereinafter collectively referred to as provincial-level People’s Committees) for approval.
- Guide and inspect Investors in construction and infrastructure business in Industrial Parks, production facilities, business services in Economic Parks and Industrial Parks under management jurisdiction to implement environmental protection regulations; detect and promptly report to competent state management agencies for settlement and handling of acts violating environmental protection laws; mobilize forces to respond and overcome when environmental incidents occur in Economic Parks and Industrial Parks.
- Regularly report on environmental protection activities of Economic Parks and Industrial Parks to provincial-level People’s Committees and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment before January 15 every year.
- Publicize information on environmental protection in Economic Parks and Industrial Parks; propagate and disseminate legal documents on environmental protection to Investors in construction and infrastructure business in Industrial Parks, production facilities, business services in Economic Parks and Industrial Parks.
- Coordinate with functional agencies to resolve environmental disputes between production facilities, business services within Economic Parks or Industrial Parks or with organizations or individuals outside the scope of Economic Parks or Industrial Parks.
- Coordinate inspection, examination and handling of violations of environmental protection against activities of Investors in construction and infrastructure business in Industrial Parks and production facilities, business services within Economic Parks or Industrial Parks.
- Implement other contents of management and environmental protection in Economic Parks or Industrial Parks according to assigned or authorized functions and tasks.
2.2. Responsibility of Operation Management Board
Ensure maintenance of public services, common utilities in Industrial Parks including: Security, maintenance of order; information communication; water supply, drainage; environmental sanitation, wastewater treatment, waste treatment; fire prevention and fighting; maintenance, operation and exploitation of technical infrastructure and other utility services.
3. WHY SHOULD INVESTORS HIRE PROFESSIONAL OPERATION MANAGEMENT UNITS?
- Forecasting the high demand for industrial Park management and operation in recent years, coupled with many investors switching to investing in industrial real estate, the popular model for new projects established by new investors will be the project owner seeking and cooperating with professional management units to ensure professional and efficient management and operation, thereby increasing tenant attraction.
- Industrial real estate currently has a variety of products such as ready-built factories, high-rise factories, cold storage. Even industrial Parks nowadays have many additional items such as services, housing for workers, experts… also generating new requirements and requiring a diverse and professional management team.
- Operating industrial real estate also has many other factors such as environmental pollution treatment, fire, and explosion prevention… in addition to legal issues in managing and operating industrial Parks.
Currently, BRD Vietnam Joint Stock Company is one of the pioneers in providing industrial Park management and operation services with experience and ready to participate in establishing an operating system to contribute to the common development of the market and society in the field of industrial real estate.
BRD Vietnam Joint Stock Company operates in the field of Research and Development Consulting, Exploitation, Business and Operation of various real estate products including Housing, Commercial Centers, Offices, Schools and Industrial Parks.
Headquarters: Floor 6 – 188 Truong Chinh Building, Khuong Thuong Ward – Dong Da District – Hanoi